APCO is working diligently on plans to keep you safe at the Emerging Technology Forum in Charlotte, North Carolina. With the health and safety of our attendees and our community in mind, we are working closely with the Sheraton Charlotte hotel to implement sanitation procedures and other precautionary measures. Please note that these safety measures will be updated based on current CDC recommendations and the Mecklenburg County government, state and federal mandates.
Highlighted below are some of the measures we are implementing.
- Session setup will allow 6 feet of space between chairs.
- The capacity in all areas will be reduced to provide for appropriate physical distancing.
- Sponsor/Supporter tables will be spaced apart with noted floor markings for social distancing
- Hand sanitizer stations will be located throughout the meeting space, on tabletop displays and at the hotel’s front desk and lobby
- Individual hand sanitizers are available in all guest rooms.
Personal protective equipment:
- APCO staff, sponsors and attendees will wear masks in adherence to state or local regulations and guidance.
- All guests and hotel staff/contractors are required to wear facial masks in all public areas of the hotel complex as mandated by the state of North Carolina as well with all Marriott hotels in the U.S.
Cleaning and Sanitizing:
- The frequency of cleaning and sanitizing has been increased in all public spaces and guest rooms with an emphasis on frequent contact surfaces.
- Sponsors/supporters will clean their tabletop displays and area with an emphasis on frequent contact surfaces.
Food and beverage:
- Service will be provided in a minimal contact manner.
- Servers are required to wear facial masks and gloves.
APCO also actively encourages all participants to take preventive actions following CDC guidelines. These guidelines include:
- Wash your hands often with soap and water for at least 20 seconds.
- Avoid touching your eyes, nose, and mouth with unwashed hands.
- Stay home when you are sick.
- Wear masks when out in public.
- Cover your coughs and sneezes with a tissue or the inside of your elbow.
- Clean frequently touched surfaces and objects daily.
Current information about COVID-19 and travel resources:
- Centers for Disease Control and Prevention
- North Carolina Travel Resources. Be sure to check and stay updated on the Governor’s actions regarding travel.
In the unlikely event we cancel the conference due to COVID-19, your attendee registration fees will be refunded in full.
If you have any questions about the event, please contact the APCO Events Department at (386) 322-2500 or [email protected].